Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pre-Writing Activities for HONY

https://pixabay.com/en/thoughts-think-psyche-psychology-551263/

For this Project, I have decided to use my Observations and Inferences and SOAPSTone charts. When we did the Cluster Map for the QRG, I found that I had a really hard time keeping things organized; it just felt like there were bubbles and phrases all over the place, and instead of helping me, it just gave me a headache. So, I have decided to stick to charts and pre-writing techniques that do not drive me insane. I remember using SOAPSTone in high school, and forgot how useful it can be when it comes to analyzing rhetoric. It covers all the things that should be discussed in a rhetorical analysis; speaker, subject, audience, occasion, purpose and tone. Furthermore, I like the observations and inferences chart because I can directly organize my thoughts, and see it correlate to inferences on the other side of the chart. Overall, these charts are a better fit for me and allow me to express as many ideas as I want without a small bubble's size constraint. :)

Here is a link to my document. Please note that I know my charts aren't all that great and I plan on editing them to better fit my topic as soon as I get the chance. Regardless though, they are still helpful and will allow me to remember that I still need to be analyzing the rhetoric behind the photos.

I commented on Cati's and Katie's posts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment